Your Voice. Our Strength.
What Our Members Are Saying
"The VBEA has provided so many opportunities for me to connect with other education professionals across the district. My membership has made me a better educator."
"I am a VBEA member for the children we teach and the voice for all involved in our educational setting. I am involved to protect the programs that enhance the learning experience of our students."
"I am a professional educator and as such, it is imperative that I belong to my professional association. I have enjoyed quality professional development, leadership opportunities, vital networking, shopping discounts and top notch legal representation. I have belonged to the education association since 1990 and have never once regretted it!"
"I'm a member of the VBEA because I want to do my part to make sure the rights of ALL of us in education are honored and protected."
5th Grade Teacher
VBEA brings together the skills, talents and passions of educators from every facet of the Virginia Beach City Public Schools district. You will see members:
- Actively organizing to the be the exclusive bargaining agent for school division employees.
- Speaking publicly about the needs of the students above the needs of the system.
- Engaging in community service projects.
- Building community coalitions and networks.
- Maintaining relationships with policymakers on the school board, city council, and general assembly.
- Providing training and skill development to help others grow as professionals and advocates.
- Using research and current best practices to impact instructional design.
- Electing true friends of public education to local, state and national offices.