SaveOnEnergy.com has a $500 teacher grant opportunity available.
It is looking for the best lesson plans for teaching students about energy or sustainability. The lesson plans must do the following:
1. Encompass energy and/or sustainability knowledge.
2. Be appropriate for a grade level from kindergarten through eighth grade.
3. Include goals and how you plan to measure students’ understanding.
4. Include a fully detailed description of the lesson plan, handouts, etc., including a list of all materials needed.
5. Use information found on SaveOnEnergy.com (including Kids Learning Center, blog posts, state pages, etc.).
6. Be created by one teacher without use of existing prepared educational materials outside of those available on SaveOnEnergy.com.
7. Encourage student development through participation opportunities.
Winners must teach their lesson plan and then submit it, with any notes or adjustments based on experience, along with photos to appear on the SaveOnEnergy.com’s Kids Learning Center. Photos should not includes the faces of any students.
Six $500 grants will be awarded in the form of Visa Reward Cards to be used toward classroom materials and activities.
The deadline to enter is 5 p.m. on Sept. 18, 2015.
For more information on the winner selection and contest guidelines, go to SaveOnEnergy.com.