Your Voice. Our Strength.
For more than 60 years, the Virginia Beach Education Association has served as a voice for education professionals in our district. The work we do is not limited to teachers in the classroom, we advocate on behalf of all division staff. Our number one aim is to advance the cause of education for all individuals and protected the rights of all Virginia Beach City Public School employees.
Our goals and action agenda focus attention on what will have the most impact on all district employees. With collective bargaining on the horizon for our district, membership is more important than ever. Be sure to the make your voice heard by joining your professional association TODAY!
Our Core Values
These principles guide our work and define our mission:
- Equal Opportunity. We believe public education is the gateway to opportunity. All students have the human and civil right to a quality public education that develops their potential, independence, and character.
- A Just Society. We believe public education is vital to building respect for the worth, dignity, and equality of every individual in our diverse society.
- Democracy. We believe public education is the cornerstone of our republic. Public education provides individuals with the skills to be involved, informed, and engaged in our representative democracy.
- Professionalism. We believe that the expertise and judgement of education professionals are critical to student success. We maintain the highest professional standards and we expect the status, compensation, and respect due all professionals.
- Partnership. We believe partnerships with parents, families, communities, and other stakeholders are essential to quality public education and student success.
- Collective Action. We believe individuals are strengthened when they work together for the common good. As education professionals, we improve both our professional status and the quality of public education when we unite and advocate collectively.